Yippee! I might get shite thrown on my shoes in Madrid!

As you may remember, last time I was in Delhi I got Dog Shit thrown on my shoes as part of an intricate scam to try to seperate me from my wallet.

I had thought that this was a third world thing. That sort of thing surely couldn't happen in Europe, could it?

So imagine my delight when, reading through the Lonely Planet Spain I found under the "Dangers and Annoyances" section on page 118 just after the bit about pickpocketing and prostitution (that's dangerous and annoying?), the following:

Be on the lookout for classic scams like the old bird-dropping trick: a thief will drop something brown on you then help you clean it off as he helps himself to your wallet."

FANTASTIC!

I won't rest until I get the dogshit treatment in Madrid!
blog comments powered by Disqus