Beware! Household white goods on the attack

The other day I was watching the coverage of the aftermath of Benazir Bhutto's assassination on TV and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that people in that part of the world are a little bit strange.

Following her assassination, the BBC showed footage of the country going mental and going around burning buses and other things. Now I'm not really into politics so this sort of thing doesn't really make any sense to me at all. I mean can someone please explain to me what exactly buses have to do with Bhutto's assassination? What connection has been made here?

A while back I made a comment on Iran and why they appear so backwards to the West. This strange reaction to Bhutto's death has pretty similar effect for Pakistan in my mind.

The best bit of footage though, involved a guy smacking a fridge with a broom. Shit me! I'm no detective but I would say with great certainty that the fridge was not used in connection with the assassination of Benazir Bhutto!

That sort of thing would never happen in the UK. I mean, if Gordon Brown was shot, I can't see any of my neighbours taking that as a sign that they should beat the shit out of their microwave.
blog comments powered by Disqus