Beard Stroker

I've been a teacher for a while and no matter how long I teach for I don't think I'll ever truly understand the workings of the perenially naughty child.

Over here in Spain, they still have the perfectly logical approach that if you fail a subject at school, you have to stay and retake it the next year, so you'd think that would be incentive to try and do well, but kids will be kids.

Earlier today I had a couple of kids come up to me and say

"What do I have to do to pass the year Andy?"

To which I replied

"Go back in time and do some work from the beginning of the year then maintain that all year round"

"Isn't there anything I can do now to turn it around?"

"No" I said, before dropping this pearl of sage-like wisdom "Studying is not like a game of football where you can play crap all year round and then someone shouts 'LAST GOAL WINS!' - It is like 90 minutes of end to end action, where you have to play well all game to win"

They looked at me as though I was a wise old bearded Chinese bloke sitting in a Lotus leaf, stroking my beard.

Or at least that's what I like to think.

They probably thought I was a twat.
blog comments powered by Disqus