8_365 - Imagine


I wanted to make a piece in honour of John Lennon today. It's been 30 years to the day when he was murdered. I was born in the year that he died, and do feel sad that I shared the Earth with this talented man for such a short time.

When I was young I never grew up with music, but my oldest brother brought home a Beatles album one day and that was all I listened to for years.

The drawing was inspired by the cover to Imagine and the images came from a postcard from a recent exhibition on Beatles photography. In the background you may also notice that the Thames disappears quite abruptly around Embankment. This was a collage of a very limited edition experiment by the Tube to remove the Thames from the underground map ;last year, which met with public outcry. The Thames has now been restored

blog comments powered by Disqus