Archives 2002: First time "on de road"

I got really lucky this year though - On my first year with the Yaa, they needed someone to wear a main costume as a guy pulled out. It was the costume I was making and I knew that bat costume inside out, so I put myself forward and got to wear the bat costume, AND because it was a kids costume and I'm built like one, I got to go out on BOTH days in costume! WOAH!!!!! Sometimes dreams do come true. And add to that the fact that we came in 4th on the road and 2nd in the gala presentation, I think it's safe to say that was one of the proudest moments of my life. Graduation was just an unpleasant chore.

The party was the biggest and baddest party I've ever had in my life bar none. You cannot beat the atmosphere of all your colleagues, who have all been working on the same project, a HUGE party, for a year, getting together and fulfilling their dream together. I cannot explain it but it was like we were all gatecrashing destinys door together to the sound of calypso and soca and dressed in armor that we had spent so long fashioning. Awesome feeling.
blog comments powered by Disqus