I decided that now was a good time to publish this piece. I wrote this a long time ago, I was probably in Seattle at the time. It just seems to sum up how I feel right now. Sometimes it is possible to feel TOO unique in this social society.

A Republic of one

I am the eternal Platonist
looking back through the tears at what I missed
Friend or enemy to all but a lover to none
A billion people in the world and I can't find one

I wish I could a void singularity
Sometimes it feels like my destiny
A black hole in my mind lying next to Me
A superstar to bring out the best in Me

I walk through life with non-commital love
I can't in get through the gates above
The angels with their wings just turn away
One man strides alone towards his grave

Andy 2002
Written Dec 9, 12:36
blog comments powered by Disqus